- Arizona Supreme Court Issues Important Order for Court Transition Due to Coronavirus
- Justice is Met – Arizona Supreme Court Follows Plain Language of Arizona Medical Marijuana Act in Overturning Court of Appeals
- Arizona Court of Appeals Ignores the Arizona Medical Marijuana Act in State v. Jones
- I Got Into an Arizona Car Accident – What Do I Do?
- Arizona Supreme Court Holds Smell of Marijuana Alone Sufficient for Probable Cause
Author Archives: kimmaerowitz
Criminal Law Myth of the Month – It took almost a year to press charges! Don’t I have the Right to a Speedy Trial?
There is a large confusion regarding the right to a speedy trial. Although it is true that defendants charged with a crime have a right to a speedy trial, people often get this right confused with a separate legal concept … Continue reading
Arizona is known to have some of the toughest DUI laws in the country. As a result, many people unfamiliar with the law assume that DUI in Arizona is a felony. Although Arizona DUI law is particularly tough, in most … Continue reading
If the police don’t read me my Miranda rights, my case will get dismissed right? Unfortunately, in most circumstances, Miranda does not go that far. Miranda only applies to statements during a custodial interrogation, meaning the police do not have … Continue reading
Having a criminal conviction, even a misdemeanor, on your record can difficult. For many it has long-lasting consequences, particularly when seeking employment. Fortunately, Arizona has a way to minimize the impact, and many people do not realize that they may … Continue reading
Many people have heard a .08 blood alcohol level referred to as the “legal limit” in Arizona. As a result, a lot of people think that so long as their blood alcohol level is below a .08, they are “legal” … Continue reading